BFI Documentary Academy 2020
The BFI Documentary Residential offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet OSCAR and BAFTA winning documentary film-makers, work with broadcast quality equipment, gain technical skills and produce a high quality documentary film. You just need to be aged between 16-19 years and have a passion for documentary film.
Over the course of the residential you will:
- Create short documentaries in teams that will be screened in a London Cinema in front of friends and family.
- Attend masterclasses with award winning industry experts.
- Attend craft skill workshops to learn the technical skills of camera, sound and editing from industry professionals.
- Attend workshops in research and development and production management.
- Attend a range of trips including the BFI’s Future Film Festival.
- Watch a range of award-winning documentaries and meet the film-makers.
- Gain practical experience in an idea development session with award-winning documentary company CTVC.
There will be 40 young people aged 16-19 on the course. We accept applications from young people living anywhere in the UK.
You must be aged 16-19 on the start date of the course
You must have a passion for documentary film.
You must be able to attend all of the residential dates.
You must NOT be attending university at the start of the course.
Our residential includes a pre-residential weekend from Saturday 18th – Sunday 19th January 2020 and a production week from 16th – 22nd February 2020. You must be available to attend all of these dates to be eligible for the course
Venue: Debden House, Debden Green, Loughton IG10 2NZ
For a schedule and information about fees and bursaries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 2nd December
Please send applications to email@example.com