BFI Film Academy
Are you 16-19? Passionate about film? Do you want a career in the film industry?
The British Film Institute is supporting talented young film-makers across the UK. VividEcho and CTVC will be delivering a Film Academy Network course and a DOCUMENTARY Residential. Applications for both are open!
“I have accessed work experience and have continued to work on short films, using ‘BFI Film Academy Alumni’ as part of my CV experience/knowledge i.e familiarity of 3D filmmaking and knowledge gained from workshop leaders.” Lotti
The NETWORK course will include:
- 13 workshops over evenings and weekends from October to December 2016.
- Master classes with high level industry experts including executive producers, locations managers, high level marketing and sales experts, script writers, film critics and 3D experts from films such as The King’s Speech, The Guard, Gosford Park and Fast and Furious 7, as well as an OSCAR nominee.
- Training and support in producing a short 3D film and a short digital film.
- Access to professional film-making equipment.
- Completion of the Silver Arts Award.
- A screening of your film at a cinema in London where you can bring friends and family
Most of the LONDON workshops will take place at CTVC offices: McBeath House 310 Goswell Road London EC1V 7LW
Closing date for all applications for LONDON: 6pm September 29th 2016 (this is a new extended deadline)
We are looking for 16-19 year olds who can demonstrate a passion for film-making and who want a career in the film industry. You do not need any formal qualifications in media or film.
Eligibility for NETWORK the course:
- You must be aged 16-19 on the start date of the course (8th October for LONDON and 1st October for HULL)
- You must have a passion for film.
- You must be able to attend all of the workshops
- You must commit to completing your Silver Arts Award (if you have not already done so).
- You must NOT be at university.
The cost to participate in the BFI Film Academy is £25. But if you will struggle to pay the course fee, don’t be put off as you will be able to indicate this once you are accepted on the course and this fee can be waived. Bursaries will also be made available if you require assistance with travel, child care or other costs. More information about who can apply for bursaries can be found here.
Please download the BFI Network LONDON application form:
Please download the BFI Network LONDON Schedule:
“I got an internship in January at the BAFTA Rocliffe New Writing Forum and I love it. I work in script development and I don’t think I would’ve got the opportunity if I hadn’t been part of the BFI Film Academy.” Hope
(HULL APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED)
Please complete an application form. Please save your form as ” LONDON Application_YOURNAME and email it to us.
PLEASE SEND ALL COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS TO email@example.com.
Closing date for LONDON applications: 6pm October 1st 2016 (this is a new extended deadline)
Call us on 0333 012 4265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note, due to the busy schedules of some of our industry speakers dates or names may change. Participants will be notified in advance about any changes in the course that may take place.