BFI Film Academy
Are you 16-19? Passionate about film? Do you want a career in the film industry?
The British Film Institute is supporting talented young film-makers across the UK. VividEcho and CTVC will deliver two BFI Film Academy Network courses, one in HULL and one in LONDON.
“I have accessed work experience and have continued to work on short films, using ‘BFI Film Academy Alumni’ as part of my CV experience/knowledge i.e familiarity of 3D filmmaking and knowledge gained from workshop leaders.” Lotti
The LONDON course will include:
- 13 workshops over evenings and weekends from October to December 2016.
- Master classes with high level industry experts including executive producers, locations managers, high level marketing and sales experts, script writers, film critics and 3D experts from films such as The King’s Speech, The Guard, Gosford Park and Fast and Furious 7, as well as an OSCAR nominee.
- Training and support in producing a short 3D film and a short digital film.
- Access to professional film-making equipment.
- Completion of the Silver Arts Award.
- A screening of your film at a cinema in London where you can bring friends and family
Most of the LONDON workshops will take place at CTVC offices: McBeath House 310 Goswell Road London EC1V 7LW
Closing date for all applications for LONDON: 6pm September 23rd 2016
The HULL course will include:
- 15 workshops over evenings and weekends from October 1st – November 28th 2016
- Masterclasses and mentoring from a BAFTA winning and OSCAR nominee Chris Hees
- Masterclass with OSCAR winning sound mixer for Gravity and writer of ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’.
- Hands on production of an animation and digital short
- Completion of the Silver Arts Award.
Most of the HULL workshops will take place at: Kardomah94, 94 Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AN
Closing date for all applications for HULL : 6pm September 16th 2016
Applications to these courses will be highly competitive. We are looking for 16-19 year olds who can demonstrate a passion for film-making and who want a career in the film industry. You do not need any formal qualifications in media or film.
Eligibility for both courses:
- You must be aged 16-19 on the start date of the course (8th October for LONDON and 1st October for HULL)
- You must have a passion for film.
- You must be able to attend all of the workshops
- You must commit to completing your Silver Arts Award (if you have not already done so).
- You must NOT be at university.
The cost to participate in the BFI Film Academy is £25. But if you will struggle to pay the course fee, don’t be put off as you will be able to indicate this once you are accepted on the course and this fee can be waived. Bursaries will also be made available if you require assistance with travel, child care or other costs. More information about who can apply for bursaries can be found here.
Please download the BFI Network LONDON application form:
Please download the BFI Network LONDON Schedule:
Please download the BFI Network HULL application form:
Please download the BFI Network HULL Schedule:
“I got an internship in January at the BAFTA Rocliffe New Writing Forum and I love it. I work in script development and I don’t think I would’ve got the opportunity if I hadn’t been part of the BFI Film Academy.” Hope
Please complete an application form. Please save your form as ” LONDON or HULL Application_YOURNAME and email it to us.
PLEASE SEND ALL COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS TO email@example.com.
Closing date for LONDON applications: 6pm September 23rd 2016
Closing date for HULL applications:6pm September 16th 2016
Call us on 0333 012 4265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note, due to the busy schedules of some of our industry speakers dates or names may change. Participants will be notified in advance about any changes in the course that may take place.